Monday, August 13, 2018

Review: My Little Pony: Ponyville Mysteries


If you know me, this shouldn’t come as much of shock, but I LOVE My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
I enjoy individual episodes, especially the episode where Rainbow Dash realizes that she loves reading.
That’s the librarian in me I guess.
During the summer, I had my niece staying with me and wanted to get her books from the library.  I was
delighted to see that they had thin chapter books called Ponyville Mysteries, so I picked up the first in the
series.  My niece didn’t read it, but I did. I really liked the book and now I want to read more of the series! Sadly, the ebook versions are only available in Kindle, so I’ll just have to read the paperbacks.
I loved the book because it featured the Cutie Mark Crusaders who are some of my favourite characters
(the episode where they actually get their cutie marks makes me cry EVERYTIME).  It was a quick read
for me, but for a new reader it would take longer. The vocabulary is simple enough to understand for
older readers, but requires prior understanding of the show. As for continuity, it would take place after
Season 5, but it is harder to place it more accurately than that as I don’t believe that Lilymoon has shown
up in the show (as of Season 7 at any rate) and I'm not really sure how canon these books are.

I would suggest this for ages 7+ who have a familiarity with the series because you need prior
understanding of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment