Monday, August 20, 2018

Author Review: Jane Ashford



Let's face it:  I love reading romance.  As with any genre, you have so many subgenres that it can be hard to figure out what you truly like.  Although I have a fondness for any historical romance, I particularly adore Regency romances!  The glamour of the ton, the clothes and the food all simply make a wonderful background for a good story.  There were also so much important events happening during this period that you can have a variety of plots as well.  However, sometimes you get so tired of spies and injured war heroes that all you want is a simple, sweet romance story.

36505485

This is where Jane Ashford comes in.  Although some of her earlier works are a little too simple (i.e. the main characters fall in love because they are supposed to), I simply adore her more recent works.  She doesn't include explicit sex scenes, but still conveys chemistry between the love interests.  I found that the earliest example of this was in The Headstrong Ward, where the ward butts heads with her guardian as the two slowly fall in love as well as correction misconceptions about each other.  Her newest book, Brave New Earl, has a wonderful plot and the two main characters have wonderful chemistry which she manages to convey without any explicit sex scenes.  I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!


2 comments:

  1. I only recently got into romance books and am enjoying them immensely! I'm glad you mentioned this genre on your blog because it's so often treated like a dirty little secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are discovering romance novels! I love reading romance novels because it is all about the journey. I know that eventually the protagonists will get to their HEA (Happily Ever After), but is in the how they will get there. Please continue to come back as I will be posting more romance books and authors.

    ReplyDelete