Monday, August 5, 2019

Book Review: Every Tool's A Hammer by Adam Savage


Oh wow!  This was so amazing!  As a cosplayer, I found this book so inspirational and helpful.  It was so great that I found that we share some of the same traits.  I will also pause the movie and make screenshots and try to figure out the dimensions from surroundings.  I always thought that made me obsessive and annoying, but apparently this is a great trait to have if you are a cosplayer.  After all, the attention is in the details!

He also talks about his history, how he and Jamie met and how Mythbusters was created.  I really enjoyed his discussion of workshop layout and how it is a very personal thing.  This is also a philosophy book which talks about different maker mindsets and how different opportunities can take you places you didn't expect, but needed to go.

Every maker, no matter what stage, should read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment