Monday, December 10, 2018

Buy or Borrow: Persona 5



I had no idea what this game was about when I borrowed it from the library.  Some people were talking about it in a chat of a live stream, so I thought I would give it a shot.  Persona 5 is about a person (you!) who is wrongfully accused and convicted of a crime.  While you are on probation, you move out and start attending a new school.  Along the way, you will make some new friends and work on developing your relationship with them.
I would suggest this book for people who enjoy Japanese Role Playing Games.  It is definitely more for a mature audience.  It is an adult game due to the language and subject matter.  I would suggest this for people who have played other JRPGs since it follows the same format.  there is a ton of replayability.  The only thing that drives me crazy is that there are only 16 save slots.  If you decide to start over, then you still only have 16 save slots instead of getting another set of save slots.  I'll have to complete the game first, then replay it again.  Also, it would have been helpful to follow a guide or walkthrough of some kind.

My verdict:  Given the amount of time it will take to play this game and the replayability, I would borrow to start, but buy eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment