Sunday, May 17, 2015

How I Discovered – Lisa Shearin

I’ve decided to start a new series titled “How I Discovered”.  This will discuss how I found out about new books, whether it is an interesting story or not.  This is the first installment of my series.

I watched The Guild’s Game On music video (it’s a Bollywood music video about geekdom, you need to watch it if you haven’t already) and I noticed Felicia Day’s character reading a book that looked really interesting. I paused, zoomed and then looked the title up on Goodreads and found out it was the 4th book in the Raine Benares series.


Of course, I started at the beginning of the series.  The first book is called Magic Lost, Trouble Found and is a great read.  In this book, a good deed goes bad when Raine Benares, trying to assist an old friend (who is a thief) finds herself attached to the amulet that he is stealing.  She finds herself defending herself and her family from several factions who also want the amulet.  Not only that, but her magical powers are amplifying as well.  How will she deal with all these changes?  You’ll have to read the entire series to find out.  I finished the fourth book Bewitched and Betrayed (which is the book that Felicia Day was reading) and can’t wait to get the fifth.  If you like fantasy novels with snarky, sassy and strong female leads, this is definitely the series for you!


      

No comments:

Post a Comment