Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fluency

I really did read the chapter.  However, I was really tired, so I don't know if I retained that much.  From what I understand, fluency relates to literacy across all kinds of media.  Fluency is when or how people are able to "read" the media.  It also looked at how people choose media to listen or read.
This got me to thinking that if, as librarians, we include other kinds of media that this will allow us to find something that appeals to everyone.  For example, someone may look at Twilight and think that it is way too large a book to read.  However, it would be interesting to see how the same person would choose the same book in an ebook format.  They also might find the movie or audio book much more accessible.  Another format that would make it more accessible is the Graphic Novel version of the book.  There are several books that have been reformatted into graphic novels, so many more books may be more accessible than you think in this format.

No comments:

Post a Comment