Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New YA TV Shows

I went to TV Guide to look up the schedule for the evening and found an interesting article on a new TV show called Skins.  Originally a British TV series, they have decided to do an American version.  I have to admit it was the title of the article that caught my eye.  The title is called "The Sins of 'Skins'".  Here's the link to check it out:  http://tvguide.ca/Interviews/Features/Articles/110117_skins_DW

I am also somewhat of a geek and I was watching Space when a commercial for a relatively new TV show called "Being Human" came up.  When I was in New York city, I saw a number of posters for this show in the subway system.  Again, it is a British series and while it is only starting in North America, they are on their third season in the UK (according to the BBC website).  However, the one thing that caught my eye for this trailer was the Twilight reference.  Like True Blood, it is marketing to adults, but it will probably draw in the YA crowd as well.  Although I was able to find the commercial yesterday, I am having a difficult time tracking it down right now.  I will post it when I am able to find it again.

1 comment:

  1. I watch Space on a daily basis. I so want to check out Being Human, it looks hilarious.
    Also, there's a Twilight spoof episode of Supernatural (and I am a full on Twihard, but I think that means I get the jokes that much better!).

    ReplyDelete