Monday, January 24, 2011

Library Visit

So late with this one!  I meant to do it last week, but then I got distracted by my cousin's baby Friday night.

I did go to the library and have a look at the Teen Annex.  My observations were that the collection was small, the shelves were low and they were also crowded because both paperbacks and hardcovers are together.  There was a small collection of non-fiction, followed by Books on CD and these were then followed by DVDs.  There was a separate display space from the adults for new books.  The new books were both fiction and non-fiction. The books were separated from the children's area by a row of tables.  Also, there were two bibliographies on top of the shelves which were specifically for teens.  I can't remember exactly what the titles were.
On my initial visit it was not very active.  There was only one teen at the table.  Since my initial visit was in the morning on Tuesday, I thought it would be a good idea to go back later in the day and see what it was like when school was out.  When I went again Thursday afternoon, there were more students at the tables working on homework.  However, it did not appear that there were many teens who were reading for enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment